About becoming an IWCD Ambassador
The Women CyberSecurity Society is thrilled to introduce our new IWCD Ambassador Program! We are searching for driven women who want to create a positive impact in their communities and give back to the cybersecurity industry. As an Ambassador, you will represent our nonprofit organization and participate in various leadership activities throughout the year.
As an International Women in Cyber Day Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to engage with the community by organizing events, delivering talks, mentoring others, creating resources, and advocating for women in cybersecurity. You could also be selected to join a special group of women to accept an IWCD Government Proclamation from regional municipalities across Canada. Engage with the community on social media, and connect members with our programs and services. Your work as an Ambassador will help to raise awareness of cybersecurity issues and make a difference in the lives of those around you.
But that’s not all! By joining our Ambassador program, you will receive ongoing support from the Women CyberSecurity Society and IWCD community. You will have the chance to connect with other like-minded women and build meaningful relationships. You will also have access to exclusive resources, such as training opportunities, networking events, and cybersecurity news and updates.
Being an IWCD Ambassador is an incredible opportunity to enhance your leadership skills, gain experience, and give back to the community. It’s a chance to make a difference in the lives of others while growing professionally and personally.
Join us today and become part of our International Women in Cyber Day Ambassador community. We can’t wait to see the amazing things we can accomplish together!
Who should apply?
Industry professionals, students, members from the academia community, diversity team leads, and others who are passionate about the initiative.
Ambassador Benefits Include
- IWCD Ambassador recognition on website
- IWCD Ambassador Crest to share on LinkedIn or resume
- Speaking opportunities at events, conferences, workshops, podcasts, or at proclamation ceremonies
- Supporting women in security and technology fields
- Supporting diversity and inclusion
- Be a part of the history in making
- Industry recognition
- Expand your network
- Growing your public speaking skills
- Enhance your personal brand
- Gain and build leadership experience
- Remote work
- Flexible hours
- Letter of reference for LinkedIn and your resume
Requirements of the role
- Complete an IWCD Ambassador application (see below)
- Represent the IWCD brand
- Adhere to the IWCD Code of Conduct
- Agree to adhere to the IWCD Ambassador Program Volunteer Policy
- Public speaking a few times a year at events and conferences
- Follow, Like and promote engagement on social media
- Engage in our Slack community once a week
- Ambassadors may list the role on LinkedIn and tag IWCD as a volunteer
- Good knowledge of the parent organization (WCS2)
- General knowledge of the cybersecurity industry
Why you should join!
You will be joining an exceptional team of like-minded, motivated individuals who support a valuable cause!
How to reach us
For questions, comments, suggestions or feedback, email [email protected].